Why Get Eyelid Augmentation?
There is a proverb which says “the eyes are the windows to the soul.” Through the eyes, we are able to express a range of emotions such as joy, sadness, excitement, and fear. Not only does your eyes show emotion or expression, your eyes are the first part of your face that show your age.
Some common reasons to consider eyelid surgery include having:
- A puffy appearance to the upper eyelids, which make you look aged, tired or sad
- Excess hanging skin which hides the natural folds of the upper eyelids
- Dark circles and bags under the eyes
- Drooping lower eyelids that show the white beneath the iris
- Loose upper eyelid skin that may impair vision
Eyelid correction surgery (also known as an eyelift or blepharoplasty) can improve the appearance of your eyelids or the area around the eyes. The surgery can be performed on the upper eyelid, lower eyelid, or both. This procedure is designed to get rid of puffy bags, drooping eyelids and dark circles under the eyes.
In terms of recovery, patients who undergo eyelid repositioning get stitches removed in three to four days and the small pieces of tape (steri-strips) within seven days. Patients typically return to work between eight to 10 days and can resume their normal activity in three to four weeks, with clearance from the doctor. Contact your South Florida cosmetic surgery center today to discuss which procedure is the best for you. It’s your time to turn back the hands of time and see the world through a new (and younger) view.
Before & After Pictures
Eyelid Lift Techniques
There are two different approaches to the eyelid lift procedure, each one designed to successfully achieve varying objectives. Depending on your case, the plastic surgeon may recommend one or both techniques for optimal results.
- Upper eyelid surgery uses a small incision placed in the natural fold of the upper eyelid, which is extended as needed to address excess skin folds on the outer corners of the upper eye. The surgeon removes excess skin and tissue as needed, then carefully closes the incision to allow for healing. Because of the strategic location of the incision, visible scarring is extremely minimal and nearly completely hidden in the eyelid’s crease.
- Lower eyelid surgery is ideal for patients who want to improve the appearance of the lower eyelids. The cosmetic surgeon makes a small incision along the bottom of the lash line, sometimes using a technique called transconjunctival blepharoplasty for patients with puffy lower eyelids. If the patient is interested in resolving dark circles under the eyes, injectable fillers or fat grafting can be used to improve soft tissue deficiency and improve the overall appearance.
During your consultation, you will discuss your personal goals with the surgeon, who will combine that information with your specific facial structure to provide their professional recommendation for an eyelid lift technique.
Does an Eyelid Lift Cause Visible Scarring?
One of the biggest benefits of an eyelid lift is that scarring is virtually undetectable, providing extremely natural results. In each of the two eyelid lift approaches, incisions are carefully placed to ensure they are not noticeable. Upper eyelid surgery hides the scar in the upper eyelid’s natural fold, while lower eyelid surgery places it along the lower lash line, where it is obscured by the patient’s eyelashes.
Am I a Good Candidate for an Eyelid Lift?
Patients of all ages and facial structures may find that an eyelid lift produces excellent results and helps them achieve a more youthful appearance. Generally, good candidates for an eyelid lift include:
- Individuals who are in good health, without pre-existing conditions that may impair the healing process
- Patients aged 35 or older, who would like to refresh their overall facial appearance and create a younger, more awake look
- Younger patients (under 35 years of age) who have a genetic predisposition for saggy or droopy eyelids, who would like to reduce excess skin and create a more alert appearance
A one-on-one consultation with a Fort Lauderdale plastic surgeon is the ideal opportunity to learn whether an eyelid lift can provide the results you need. For many patients, combining an eyelid lift with other procedures, such as Botox or a browlift, may be the ideal path. If not, another cosmetic surgery procedure may be recommended to meet your specific goals and desired results.
Request Your Personal Cosmetic Surgery Consultation to Learn More
Interested in how an eyelid lift may be able to provide the results you’ve been hoping for? At Vanguard Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, our expert team offers one-on-one consultations for prospective patients, providing you with extensive information and answering all your eyelid lift questions. Our Fort Lauderdale cosmetic surgeons can make a recommendation based on your personal case, taking into consideration your specific aesthetic goals, medical history, and more. If an eyelid lift isn’t the best fit for you, we are happy to suggest other options that may better suit your needs.
Contact Vanguard Aesthetic Plastic Surgery today to schedule your consultation for an eyelid lift in Fort Lauderdale, FL and learn more about how we can help you achieve a renewed, refreshed look.
More Face Procedures