Why Get a Facial Implant?
Do you catch yourself staring into the mirror and wondering, “What if?” What if I didn’t have a weak and receding chin? What if I could restore the contour and proportions to my facial structures that have become deficient due to aging? What if I could enhance the fullness and definition of my cheeks? What if I could fix my facial asymmetry or deformities caused by injury or congenital conditions? If these are your concerns, then there is a solution for you.
Facial implants (which include cheek implants and/or chin implants) are designed to reconstruct, augment, or even rejuvenate your facial contours. Any area of your face can be augmented with facial implants, but the most common sites for facial implants are the chin, jaw, and cheek. Facial implants are solid materials that are specifically designed to be compatible with human tissues. After a consultation with your South Florida plastic surgeons to evaluate your goals and determine the features that you wish to correct, the surgeon will know the size and type of facial implant to best suit you.
During your facial implants recovery, once the procedure is completed, the best plastic surgeon will apply bandages or dressings to keep the surgical site clean and to support the position of the implant during initial healing. Your South Florida plastic surgery practice will prescribe medication to help you control your pain. Your surgeon will also give you specific directions on how to care for your skin after surgery and these directions should be followed exactly. By following the directions carefully, you can ensure your best healing possible.
Stop staring in the mirror and wondering, “What if?” Turn your imagination into a reality by contacting our premier center for cosmetic surgery in Ft. Lauderdale today.
Benefits of a Face Implant
Facial implant surgery is a versatile procedure that can provide benefits to a wide range of patients, offering customized results to suit your personal goals and desired appearance. Patients interested in resolving one or more of the following concerns may find facial implant surgery to be highly effective:
- A loss in facial volume (whether due to age or other factors), causing a sagging or hollow appearance
- Lack of facial contours and defined features
- Disproportionate features, particularly those that are too small in comparison to the rest of the facial structure
- An overall imbalance in facial structure
- Weak definition in the eyes, chin, cheeks, or jawline
- Visible signs of aging in the form of slightly drooping or sunken features
Ultimately, the benefits of a facial implant will be a highly personal matter. In addition to resolving physical characteristics that may have bothered you for quite some time, face implant benefits can include an increased sense of self-confidence and a more positive outlook.
Types of Facial Implants
There are several types of facial implants, each one serving a specific purpose and designed to enhance a particular facial feature:
- A chin implant can increase the projection and size of a patient’s chin, improving the appearance of an existing chin that may not be in proportion with the mid-face and forehead.
- A jaw implant is intended to increase the overall width of the lower third of a patient’s face, improving a weak jawline or imbalanced appearance.
- Cheek implants increase the cheekbones’ projection and definition, adding volume in areas of the face that may be flat, recessed, or poorly defined due to age or genetics.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facial Implant?
For many patients struggling with one or more of the challenges described above, facial implant surgery is a highly effective option. If you find yourself frustrated by one of the above-listed challenges, you may be a good candidate for a facial implant if:
- You’re in generally good health
- You do not have preexisting conditions that may negatively impact the healing process
- You are a non-smoker or plan to quit smoking before the procedure
Can Facial Implants Be Combined with Other Cosmetic Surgery Procedures?
Yes. For good candidates, combining facial implant surgery with other procedures can be a highly effective way to achieve a natural but significant transformation. Depending on your long-term goals, you may find that a facial implant is most effective when paired with one or more other procedures. Here are just some of the most common ways that patients opt to combine face implants with other plastic surgery procedures:
- Face implants may be combined with neck liposuction to create a slimmer, more sculpted facial appearance
- Many patients pair facial implants with a rhinoplasty (nose reshaping) or ear surgery
- A facial implant can also be combined with various cosmetic fillers for excellent results
Schedule a Consultation for a Facial Implant in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Searching for the best cosmetic surgeons in Florida for your facial implant surgery? Vanguard Aesthetic Plastic Surgery is a top-rated provider of cosmetic surgery in Fort Lauderdale, giving our patients the benefit of our surgeons’ extensive expertise, dedication, and willingness to go above and beyond to provide highly tailored recommendations and optimal results. At your facial implant consultation appointment, you’ll be able to meet with the doctor to discuss your aesthetic goals and determine if a facial implant is right for you.
Contact Vanguard Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to learn more about why we are among the best plastic surgeons in Fort Lauderdale and schedule your facial implant consultation appointment today.
More Face Procedures