Younger looking skin is the envy of many men and women. While the beauty industry is full of topical creams and other treatments that can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles on your face, there is an even simpler way to enjoy anti-aging properties. There are some anti-wrinkle foods to eat that help preserve the natural health of your skin.
What Foods Slow Down the Aging Process?
If you are searching for foods that slow down the aging process, you should be looking for fruits and vegetables that deliver high amounts of nutrients to your body, especially those who help your skin hold more moisture and elasticity. Here are five of our favorites:
- Spinach and Kale - These leafy greens are full of nutrients that are all around good for your health, but they contribute directly to the health of your skin by giving you beta-carotene and lutein. Spinach is especially high in these nutrients if you can add a handful of it to your daily diet.
- Strawberries - If you're looking for something sweeter, strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps prevent premature aging caused by dryness of the skin.
- Tomatoes - Tomatoes deliver a burst of lycopene and other nutrients that are directly beneficial to your skin. The nutrients found in tomatoes will help keep your skin smooth and wrinkle-free.
- Salmon - Omega-3 fatty acids are a tremendous boost to your skin health. Salmon is one of those anti-aging superfoods that helps your skin hold onto its soft, springy feel.
- Green Tea - Anti-aging foods and drinks don't have to be limited to three squares a day. Green tea is an excellent source of antioxidants that block out sun damage before it gets started. You should still be sure to wear plenty of sunscreens, but adding green tea to your routine definitely won't hurt.
Schedule a Free Consultation!
The best anti-aging foods for younger looking skin are bursting with all kinds of nutrients that help your body retain moisture, block out harmful sun damage, and enhance the smoothness of your skin. These are often the same foods that are found in any healthy diet, so you shouldn't have to change your eating habits drastically. While these foods can help you slow down the aging process, they can't reverse the damage that was done in the past. Vanguard Plastic Surgery is here to help with facelifts in Fort Lauderdale, Florida! If you're looking for plastic surgery in Fort Lauderdale, contact us today and schedule your free consultation.